Friday, September 30, 2011

Staples



Today I am here to talk about staples (the ones in your pantry not in your office) because you never know when a gluten free gal pal will drop by for an unexpected happy hour, or when that long day of work leads you to a glass of wine or two. I always try and be prepared to entertain last second, so today I share with you a few staples that I keep in my pantry and fridge. You can impress in pressing time with the following:





• Cheese
  Sharp Cheddar
  Gouda
  Marble Jack
  Pepperjack

• Hummus with Raw Veggies
   I like making my own hummus but store bought tastes great too!
  Carrots, celery, or brown rice tortillas to dip
  Pretzels (try Glutino’s)

• Chips and Salsa
  Corn chips (read labels!)
  Any brand of salsa or make your own

• Fruit (all fruit is GF but these I think look great on a plate for happy hour!)
  Grapes
  Apples
  Raspberries (place chocolate chips in their center for an elegant and tasty version!)

• Chocolate
  Dark chocolate or milk chocolate squares are great!

• Gluten Free Crackers
  Marys Gone Crackers
  Nut Thins (I love the hint of sea salt flavor!)

Throw any of these together on a plate and you are good to go!

Some great gluten free brands:

o Udi’s
o Rudi’s
o Glutino
o Marys Gone Crackers
o Nut Thins
o Tinkanyada
o Enjoy Life
o Gluten Free Pantry
o Erewhon

My Current Favorite Gluten Free Beers:

o Redbridge
o Greens
o Bards

Wine is gluten free. Check out these vegan wines:

o Charles Shaw
o Frey Vineyards
o Four Chimneys Organic wines
o Hip Chicks Do Wine
o Mountain Cove
o Orleans Hill Winery
o Red Truck
o Yellowtail

Happy Friday to you readers! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment