Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thinking Green

Green monsters. You’ve seen me mention them. You’ve maybe seen them uploaded on my blog’s facebook page. But, I have never really gone too in depth into them.

Angela Libbon from Oh She Glows started the “Green Monster Movement” and it has been catching on like crazy! I have seen so many different ways people have taken this simple recipe/idea and turn it into fabulous and delicious concoctions. Green smoothies made with a healthy dose of spinach or kale, and all sorts of different fruit and mix ins, depending on your mood. These fresh, healthy, energy boosting delights have me addicted! When I am feeling low on energy or have just finished a grueling 5 am work out, I blend up one of these babies and BAM! instant bliss.

Check out her movement here! Green Monster Movement

I love putting in frozen bananas because it tastes like creamy ice cream! Sometimes I don't have time to freeze them or I am wanting something outside of a banana flavor though so I omit. My recent obsession: MANGOS! Here is one of my recent green mango machines. After a bit of a rough night, my husband and I needed a little pep in our step. This was just the ticket.

Oh, and consider me hooked on the green monster movement! You will see a lot more versions from this Indie! Please feel free to share yours so I can try! :)

Mango Green Goblin

Ingredients:

• organic mango, diced (or use frozen chunks if you don’t have fresh)
• 1 tsp chia seeds
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 tsp organic vanilla
• 2-3 large handfuls fresh organic spinach
• 2-3 ice cubes

Directions:
Combine all ingredients but ice into your food processor and pulse until smooth. Turn ‘on’ and add ice one cube at a time until crushed. Pour and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks delightful! Definitely going to give it a try.. Seems like the perfect thing to perk me awake in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new breakfast love is...
    1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 tbsp ground flax seed
    1 tbsp flax oil
    1 tbsp Maca Powder
    3/4 cup almond milk
    3 pitted dates

    Blend and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM Marlow! Thank you for sharing. I have seen many green monster recipes using Maca Powder and I want to try it. I have a feeling I may be whipping this up very very soon....

    ReplyDelete