Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Simple Chick


After gorging on gingerbread and all the other gluttonous holiday fare, I am ready to embrace my new year’s resolution. I pondered more than usual this time. Last year it was to sweat every day and I enjoyed all the little aspects it brought to my life. I wanted to make sure that this year’s was up to par, and I believe I chose wisely.

Live Simply.
The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. 
~Robert Louis Stevenson
 
I often get bogged down by daily duties and responsibilities and forget to step back and appreciate that life CAN be simple. Even with all the many expectations and roles we play. I plan to enter each day with this mindset and apply in every area possible. Eating simply, thinking simply, you get the idea.
 


That said here is a simple and healthy recipe to start your new year off right. I saw this on pinterest and have been dying to try it. You can make one serving or fill your whole muffin tin! I like to make ahead meals so the recipe below fills the whole kit and caboodle. Enjoy!

Chick in a Cup
I can’t tell you how simple and delicious this recipe is to make. It seems silly to post something so easy but it was too delightful not to share. The egg was fluffy and poached perfectly in the turkey cup. Two filled me up after a strenous work out, and one made a great afternoon snack! The following makes 9 servings.

Ingredients
·         9 organic free range eggs
·         9 slices organic deli turkey
·         PAM organic olive oil spray
·         Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.

Lightly spray a muffin tin with olive oil. Line the cups with one slice of deli meat. Crack one egg carefully into the turkey cup, and dust with salt and pepper. I sprinkled a little Cajun seasoning on mine because I enjoy a little kick in the morning!

Bake for 20 minutes, remove, and let cool for about 5 minutes.

Pop out and enjoy! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Do you think it would work the same with just egg whites?! I am going to have to try this ~ love it!

    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does Christa! I tried it without the deli meat and it turned out well too. My husband just pops out the egg yolk when I make them like above:)

    ReplyDelete