Sunday, February 17, 2013

Eggcelent Avocado



I am a pinterest addict. I wish I could jump in and live in my boards. I pin projects, crafts, and food all in hopes to actually make and cook them one day. And I finally did. 

I adore breakfast food. I could eat it any time of the day. I am always down for an over easy egg and some toast. I decided that my love affair would push me to make a recipe from pinterest. I would at last cross the line from a pinner to a doer! As I opened my foodie board one picture popped out... a perfectly ripe avocado cupping a baked egg. And I had both on hand. 

I couldn’t believe I had never thought to do this before. It was so simple, so delicious, and super healthy! As an avocado junkie I know this will be repeated for breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals for me. 

Baked Avocado Eggs
This recipe is super filling, easy, and quick. The meaty avocado melts into a creamy delight and the eggs texture couples with it perfectly. Be careful to let the egg overflow out of the dug out spot as it will burn in the pan. Recipe serves one to two people. I took it down solo.

Ingredients
  • 1 avocado, halved and pitted
  • 2 medium organic eggs
  • salt and pepper

Directions
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.

Scoop out a small space in the middle of the avocado large enough to fit the egg. Place avocado halves in a shallow baking dish. Break an egg into the scopped out area in both halves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. 

Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs. I like mine runnier so I backed for 15 minutes. Remove and enjoy! I made them again today and enjoyed them topped with fresh salsa. Addicted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment