Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dutch Oven


I’ve never met a potato I didn’t like. Well, I take that back...I wasn’t the most cordial to that one that hid itself in my pantry and grew itself a garden. But other than that one, potatoes and I are buds. I will never turn down a good french fry, adore making homemade mashed potatoes (if you ever have aggression and need a release I can help you with that recipe), and will scarf a baked potato loaded with salsa and sea salt, skin and all, in seconds. Not my most attractive moments I concede so just be polite and look away. And don’t judge. 

I have been hooked on these precious baby dutch potatoes. They are incredible for mashed potatoes and roast up perfectly. I don’t think you could honestly mess up these little guys. A little olive oil, a little salt, a little pepper, and you have perfection. Don’t feel bad if they barely make it off the pan and onto your plate before pit stopping on your palate. You may have to look away when I make and scarf these too I guess. 

Fine Herb Rubbed & Roasted Potatoes
I decided to dowse my little dutch friends in lots of fine herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil and roast them until the skin puckered and crisped ever so slightly. They take no time to prep, but some time in the oven so make sure you prepare for that. All good things are worth the wait though right?

Ingredients
  • 1 lb baby dutch yellow potatoes
  • 3-4 tbs Fine Herbs (I used Williams Sonoma’s blend but you can find it in your spice section)
  • 1 tbs Salt
  • 1 tbs Pepper
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Rinse the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Add enough olive oil to coat and toss until all evenly covered. Add in your spices and toss. 

Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes. They are ready when you insert a fork and feel they are very tender.

Let cool, if you can, and chow away! Don’t worry I won’t judge if you shove them into your mouth at godspeed, I will in fact be supportive. Us “scarfers” must stick together after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment