Friday, January 21, 2011

Food For Thought

The other day I received an email from Rudi’s Organic Gluten Free Bakery

“Dear Heidi:

I see that you blog about gluten-free food options, and I wanted to reach out to you on behalf of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery. I hope you have already heard of our gluten-free breads! If not, I’d love to introduce you to them.

Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery was launched by Boulder, Colo.-based Rudi’s Organic Bakery. Rudi’s leveraged its more than 30-year heritage of making better, brighter breads to create a line of gluten-free products that look, taste and feel like regular bread, and that contain only the highest quality, wholesome, all-natural ingredients. Rudi’s Gluten-Free breads are certified gluten-free and carry the Gluten-Free Certification Organization’s (GFCO) recognizable GF symbol.

As a gluten-free blogger, we would like to send you a package complete with bread samples and Rudi’s gear.”

I was thrilled! I was going to get to try new bread and share the experience and my personal review with YOU dear readers. I have written about quite a few different gluten free breads so I was anxious to take a bite into something new. I had seen their products at Whole Foods but not anything from their gluten free line.

The package arrived about a week later.

I was anxious to see what goodies lay inside!

Special Gluten Free Delivery!

Opening the box...are you feeling the anxiousness that I felt?!

See now that was worth the wait wasn't it? They sent me their gluten free multigrain bread to try as well as a little sandwich holder. I was a bit smitten with it all.
(Yes, I realize it's just bread but it's the thought!)

Anyhoo, I immediately took out a piece and dug in. Plain. Nothing to hide or mask any flavors. And I have to tell you, it didn't need anything on top. It was rich, fluffy, buttery... If I may be so bold, the best gluten free bread I have ever had. Honestly. I haven't had non gluten free bread in a while though so I wanted to make sure that my judgement wasn't clouded. I gave out some pieces around the office without telling them that it was gluten free and everyone LOVED it! I couldn't wait to bring it home to my husband and son. Surprisingly my son, who is not gluten free, usually prefers my bread. What can I say, the boy has taste!

Shortly after, I received another email from their marketing manager informing me about their mission with the bakery and what they strive to do with their campaign. I was captivated and was immediately eager to share the news. She informed me that soon I would be receiving a special package from them announcing a program we just launched to support the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA).

Here is some food for thought from Rudi’s Organic Gluten Free Bakery:

“As you may know, there are an estimated 3 million people in the U.S. suffering from celiac disease, yet only 160,000 are diagnosed. We’re pleased to announce that Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery is working with NFCA to support education for the diagnosis of celiac disease, with our new Spread the Bread charitable program, which launched in late December.

For every dollar coupon downloaded, Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery will give a dollar to the NFCA, up to $20,000, to help in its efforts to better educate physicians in the diagnosis of celiac disease. Coupons are available on the Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery website and Facebook page.

We are also proud to announce the launch of our new Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery website. We hope this new website will provide all the detail you could need about our new gluten-free breads – from product ingredients and nutrition facts to local availability – as well as helpful information about local gluten-free events, a variety of gluten-free recipes, links to our partners and educational resources, including NFCA, the Gluten Intolerance Group, Celiac Sprue Association and Celiac Disease Foundation.

In addition to the website, we’ve also launched a new blog, Baked on the Bright Side, where we’ll be providing all of the latest news on Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery and the gluten-free community. We’re eager to hear what you think of the blog and website!”

Gluten Free or not, you should try this bread! And hey, it's a buck off and you'll be contributing to a good cause. It's a new year and a great way to start off with some new good deeds.

Oh and in case you haven't guessed, recipes with this bread are soon to follow this post!!

2 comments:

  1. Heidi -

    We are so glad you enjoyed the package! We had a good time putting them together. Thanks so much for the mention. We appreciate your support.

    Best,
    Dayna Davis
    On Behalf of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gluten free bread! I'm sure they all taste yummy. I'm excited to buy one since you mentioned that buying in Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery will give a dollar to the NFCA, up to $20,000, to help in its efforts to better educate physicians in the diagnosis of celiac disease. This is absolutely a great cause we should all support!

    ReplyDelete