Monday, January 10, 2011

One Love, One Heart, One Gluten Free Pizza

Gluten Free pizza seems to be popping out of many restaurant ovens these days and I am lovin’ it! I have sampled Joe Mommas Pizza in the past and was pleased. I have tried Gina & Giuseppe’s pizza and it was quite delicious. But my friends, alas there is only ONE LOVE, ONE HEART, and ONE GLUTEN FREE PIZZA that truly tickles all the right pizza taste buds. A pizzeria that offers both Chicago style pizza AND gluten free pizza. A pizzeria where them belly full but we [AIN’T] hungry no more. A pizzeria where I don’t envy the deep dish pizza on my husband’s plate because mine is just as doughy and delicious. A place where I can get together and feel alright about eating gluten free at a restaurant. Enough hints? Well alright…



My no gluten, no cry pizza stop that satisfies my pizza cravings. So long cracker thin crust and hello again deep dish! Well, about as deep as gluten free goes.

I accidentally stumbled into this gluten free glorious revelation when my husband suggested we meet my parents there for dinner. I have been eating vegan/vegetarian anyway so I figured I would order a salad with some veggies and be on with my life. Pizzerias are never really my first choice when choosing dinner because I have to endure the wafting smells of oven baked goodness while I munch on lettuce. Don’t get me wrong, I love salads, but not necessarily in this setting. I went online and checked out the menu and saw that they offered gluten free. Wait, WHAT? Wow…You had me at local pizzeria. Add the clever name, setting, location (close to my house!) AND gluten free…Can someone pinch me please?

I have been back three times now, and it gets better every time. Especially yesterday.

I ordered a spinach, artichoke, and mushroom pizza and was blown away. Thick crust held a layer of savory and sweet marinara sauce.

Veggies were piled on with abandon. Then a gooey, stringy, melty (yes melty) mozzarella coated the top. AHHHHH. I be jammin’ with this place as much as possible.

The restaurant itself is a fun lovin' place to be. Surrounded by walls in an organized chaos of concert posters and the greatest musicians, TVs that blare the latest sports games, and the promise of live musical acts to come soon can't get any better in my opinion.

Bob Marley once said, “One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain”. I agree. And I adopt my own quote inspired by both him and my new pizzeria love. “One good thing about Marley’s g-free pizza, when it hits-you feel no pain.”

http://marleyspizzeria.com/
Marley’s Pizzeria
6104 E 71st Street
Tulsa, OK 74136
918-551-7744

1 comment:

  1. Thought you may be interested in that I recently posted about a potential solution to gluten intolerance and celiac disease on my blog. Being in Tulsa, OK I thought you may be interested, as it's called "Dr. Wise's Gluten Relief" (formerly Intestinal Calm).

    http://glutenfreesoyfree.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/possible-solution-gluten-intolerance/

    Let me know your thoughts and feel free to leave a comment. I'd be interested in what you think, whether you know anyone who has tried it of if you're familiar with this potential "cure".

    ReplyDelete