Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Salsa Dancing

I was telling my co worker about my crock potting mission and he suggested this Salsa Chicken recipe! I looked it up online and found out that it was actually pretty low in calories (the canned soup part scared me so I had to make sure). Of course I had to substitute the g-free canned soup but other than that it was a cinch! I added a couple things to his recipe just to boost the nutrition.


Yellow rice made a delicious dancing partner in this salsa dance. I think next time I will add some fresh avocado slices on top and make it even more delectable.

Ingredients

• 1 cup salsa
• 1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
• 1 can organic black beans, rinsed
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 1 can gluten free reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
• 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions

Add chicken, beans, and corn to the crock pot. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken followed by the soup and salsa. I cooked on low for 7 hours, then turned it off and added the sour cream. Throw over a bed of yellow rice and this dish will dance on your taste buds.


No comments:

Post a Comment