Thursday, April 12, 2012

Nirvana Asparagus & Strawberry Salad

Yesterday was fruit and veggie nirvana. I felt inspired, light, and maybe a little light headed but nonetheless content. I love the energy I get from vegetables, the spikes of happy juice from fruits. Talk about getting down to earth!

I bought many vegetables to roast and rummage through throughout the day which eventually brought me to dinner. I couldn’t decide if I was craving something savory or sweet. So I got a little selfish and satisfied both!

After examining the fresh local spread in my refrigerator I plucked the plump local strawberries and ostentatiously green asparagus from the crisper and set to work. What followed was so tempting it felt sinful and heavenly at the same time. Roasted asparagus sprinkled with herbs and roasted to fork tender perfection. Ripe ruby red strawberries sliced thin, waiting to be married with its merry partner. Ah my mouth begins to pool with drool just remembering the burst of flavor that flooded on first bite. A dish that would sate any palette at any time of the day. Have I teased you enough?

Well if that is not enough to convince you, it took only 15 minutes to make and mate the two contenders and quite less to devour. A perfect spring simplicity that dotes on every taste bud.

Roasted Asparagus and Strawberry Salad
This salad was easy to throw together and tastes like you spent a pretty penny. As long as you use equal parts of both ingredients you can make it as large as you want. This recipe below was overly filling for one and would make a great side dish for two!

Ingredients
• 1 bunch asparagus spears, bottoms trimmed
• 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• Mr. dash garlic and herb (no sodium) seasoning
• Strawberries, sliced thin

Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.

Rinse your asparagus and trim the bottoms. Toss in the olive oil and seasoning to coat. Lay flat on a baking sheet. Roast for 10-12 minutes, tossing once.

Slice strawberries, and chop roasted asparagus. Eat a couple right off the baking sheet while your husband looks away...then toss together and enjoy!!

Still craving ASPARAGUS recipes? Check out Carole's featured asparagus recipes on her blog this week!
Carole's Food on Fridays

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the compliment Carole! I will definitely share your link to more asparagus recipes. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete