Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Wonder Soup!

I look at the title of this soup and automatically the superhero chime dings along side it in my head. And here it is…WONDER SOOOUUUP. No? You didn’t get that bouncing melody while reading it? My overactive imagination must be in high gear today. Maybe it is from the large potato I consumed for my breakfast this morning. Honestly it wasn’t as weird as I thought it would be…I just should have “baked” it in the microwave versus baking in my oven. 1 hour and I couldn’t call breakfast well done.


Potato insides that are tougher than my stubborn streak aside, I am delighted to share with you this delicious and healthy recipe acquired from our GM diet. If I don’t get anything out of this week besides this soup recipe I’ll be satisfied. I will definitely be adding this soup to my weekly menu as it is fiber packed and simple to throw in your crock pot OR stock pot. But you know which one I chose already right?

WONDERful Detox Soup
A versatile veggie soup based off the GM diet’s Wonder Soup, you won’t have any trouble filling up with one fill of your bowl! I cut the recipe in half and put it in the crock pot to slow simmer all afternoon. You can put whatever veggies you like but my advice is to not skip the cabbage! It was my favorite addition.

Ingredients• ½ head cabbage, julienned
• 1 can Amy’s Organic whole fire roasted tomatoes
• I bunch celery, chopped
• 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
• 1 packet Lipton Mushroom Onion Soup Mix
• 24 ounces water
• Kosher salt & pepper
• 1 green pepper, sliced
• 3 large onions, sliced

Directions
I combined all the ingredients in the crockpot and simmered on high for 5 hours. It was delicious! It made 4 servings so much to munch on for tonight and tomorrow. You can add other vegetables to your liking to switch it up and keep your taste buds from boredom.

Diet Diary Update

Today I honestly don’t feel much different...yet. My husband and his fellow male companions have already dropped a few pounds. Oh you men and you're easy peasy attempts at dropping LBs. Hopefully I will follow suit with at least feeling lighter. My goal has never really to pipe down the scale but rather feel a different fit when zipping my dress up, or taking on a long run with ease due to a heatlhier diet.
I can’t complain about all the yummy food I get to eat though and definitely have not felt deprived. I think I may have overdosed on the fruit yesterday but it just made me want all these veggies today.

Toasting my tea to you dear readers!



No comments:

Post a Comment